Saturday, November 21, 2009

Origami Box Tutorial

Happy Friday!!! Ok, so it's really Saturday....but this post should have been up yesterday, but because I'm such a flake with my days lately with all the holidays and vacation days at work this week, I forgot that yesterday was the 20th until about 10pm at night. Ugh! Sometimes I think I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body!!!!

Ok....so I have a quick and easy project for you today that's perfect with holiday giving just around the corner. It's an Origami box that requires no adhesive.

You'll need:
11"x11" cardstock for the bottom
11.5"x11.5" DP for the top
bone folder

Start by folding the cardstock into half in each direction. Next, fold each of the corners to the middle.
With the corners still folded in, fold each of the sides into the middle.
Open the folds leaving the opposite corners folded into the middle.
Next, bring up the sides and fold in the ends. The corner point folds up and over the sides and lays flat in the bottom of the box.
Repeat with the other side and your box is complete. Repeat these same steps with the top.
And here's my finished box! I added a tag to it using the Peace & Pointsettias stamp. I stamped with Dazzle Versamark and embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I them sponged on the blue inks working with the lightest color in the middle.
Happy Stamping,
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant little gift box, thanks for the tutorial.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete