Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gift Tag Tutorial

A few weeks ago I got together with my stamping pals, and we exchanged our Secret Santa gifts. My secret santa Mandy made the coolest gift tag, and I couldn't wait to create one of my own and share it with you!!

To create the tag, you'll need:
- 5.5" square sheet of cardstock (or heavy designer paper printed on both sides)
- Your favorite Rubber Romance stamp...I've used Merry the Christmas Diva on my tag
- 1/8" hole punch
- bone folder
- twine or string
- designer paper and other embellishments


To begin, fold your square in half on both sides.


Open the square and fold it in one direction diagonally.


Open up the square and fold it into quarters with the diagonal sides pushing inward as shown in the photo.

Now you can start decorating!! With my tag, I added pattern paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly line to the outside and the inside. I 'glam'-ed up Merry with some fun flock and glitter after coloring her with my Copics. I added an ornament & some ribbon for the name of the gift recipient.

BIG TIP: When punching the hole for your twine/string, fold the whole square on the diagonal fold and punch only through the front & back squares not the sections that push in on the sides.

Here's a photo of the inside of my tag.


This tag is perfect for a gift bag, wrapped box, or your favorite bottle of wine or bubble bath.


It's super simple & quick to make, yet everyone will be impressed when they see it. Happy tag-making!!

2 comments: