Fun Facts About Chocolate
- Chocolate is America's favorite flavor. A recent survey revealed that 52 percent of U.S. adults said they like chocolate best. The second favorite flavor was a tie (at 12 percent each) between berry flavors and vanilla.
- U.S. chocolate manufacturers currently use 40 percent of the almonds produced in the United States and 25 percent of domestic peanuts.
- U.S. chocolate manufacturers use about 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make chocolate.
- Sixty-five percent of American chocolate eaters prefer milk chocolate.
- The melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature (98.6 degrees) — which is why it literally melts in your mouth.
- Older children are significantly more likely to prefer chocolate than younger children (59 percent of 9-11year-olds prefer chocolate vs. 46 percent of 6-8 year-olds), according to an NCA survey.
Hopefully I have inspired you to get out your Rubber Romance stamps and make a sweet, indulgent card. Thanks for stopping by today- Have a great weekend!