Friday, October 23, 2009

Tutorial - Stamping on a Candle

Happy Friday!!!!!! I have a fun technique to share with you today....stamping on candles. It's super easy and makes a great gift for any occassion.

You'll need......
Your favorite Rubber Romance stamp....here I used Denise has a Birthday
Candle
Tissue Paper
Wax Paper
Black Ink
Coloring medium....here I used Copic Markers
Heat Gun
Embellishments

I start by stamping my image in black ink onto the tissue paper. I then colored her with Copic Markers. Make sure you have a piece of paper under the tissue paper to absorb the bleed thru.
Then, you cut out the image as close as possible.
Next, grab your candle and lay your cut out image onto it.
Wrap the wax paper over the image and around the candle creating a handle in the back for you to hold onto. Using your heat gun, heat the wax paper over where the image is. The area will turn shiny and the tissue paper will disappear once the wax adheres to the candle.
Here's what the candle looks like once the image is adhered.
To finish the project, I stamped "Birthday Diva" onto some ribbon using Staz-On ink and wrapped it around the bottom of the candle adhering it to the back using a brad than I pressed into the candle.
I hope you'll make your own candle for your next handmade gift!!!!
Happy Stamping,
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. this is fantastic! Never heard of using wax paper so I will be trying this one for sure! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! One question, can you (not that anyone should) burn the candle or would that be toxic? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! Would love to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea Shannon! Denise has a Birthday was a fabulous choice for the candle image :)

    ReplyDelete