Friday, October 30, 2009

Romantic Tutorial- Coloring your Rubber Romance Images

One thing about Rubber Romance images is that most of them require coloring. I know a lot of stampers use Copics to color images but if you are like me, those just aren't in the budget at this point. I am going to show you is how to use Prismacolor Pencils with Odorless Mineral spirits to color your images. This way you can have coloring and shading at a fraction of the cost of Copic markers. I was able to find the 120ct. set at my local craft store and used a 50% off coupon. It is one of the best investments I have made for crafting.

Supplies Needed:
Prismacolor Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS,artist grade)
Paper Blending Stumps (the ones made in Taiwan are the best)
File or sanding block
A Good Permanent Ink that will not bleed (recommended Memento Ink)
Good quality cardstock

First, Stamp your image. If you are using Memento ink, there is no need to let it dry- it is ready immediately for coloring. I am using my all-time favorite Rubber Romance Image. I love this Martini Girl!

Next choose a color and start coloring. For best results in shading keep your color to the outer edges of the image

Next, take your blending stump and dip and soak the end with OMS. Use the blending stump to pull the color from the edges towards the middle using circular motion for best results.


When you are done blending this is what it will look like. You can do more or less depending on your desired result.

Continue to use the same technique on the rest of the image. *** Make sure you file the blending stump between colors to prevent mixing of colors.


Here is the image colored and blended.

Now you can add fun accents to make your image more unique. I chose to add Stickles to the earrings and Crystal Effects to her lips to look like lip gloss. :)

Now my image is ready to be added to my project. I hope I inspired you to try something new today! Be sure to be on the lookout for my finished project on my blog.

Thanks! Sherry Campbell- Rubber Romance DT Member. :)

1 comment: