Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pleats for a dimensional look

I love the look of dimension on scrapbook pages and cards. Pleating paper is a fabulous way to add dimension. To add a pleat, simply take a piece of pattern paper and fold it back and forth and adhere to the layout or card. You can be precise with your folding, or you can just wing it as I did for this card. You can see in the first picture how I did my pleats. I didn't want all my folds to be exactly the same so I wasn't worried about the spacing. If you want to be precise you can measure.












I tore the bottom of my folded pleat. I then used this small pleated paper as well and layered it over the original piece. I just love the versatility of double sided papers!





Steps in assembling the card:

1. Cut a piece of cardstock for your base card 4 3/4 inches by 8 inches. Fold this in half to create your base. Ink around the edges of the front of the card base.

2. Adhere a piece of 1 1/4 inch by just shy of 4 3/4 inch piece of pattern paper to the top part of the card front.

3. Cut a 1 3/4 by 2 1/4 inch of cardstock. Ink the edges. Stamp the Rubber Romance "Hi" stamp towards the bottom. Adhere this in the bottom left corner of the card front.

4. Fold a double sided pattern paper as described above. Tear the bottom edge of it. Adhere the first piece to the bottom of the pattern paper mentioned in step 2. Take the small piece of torn pleated pattern paper and adhere the opposite side just over the top edge of the first pleated piece.

5. Add an embellishment like the felt snail above the stamped sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I really like the dimension the pleats add. TFS

    ReplyDelete