Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting to know the Design Team - Stephanie J


Hi! I’m Stephanie Jake, and I’m so excited to be a part of the first Rubber Romance Design Team. I’ve always enjoyed crafting. In fact, my mom owned a small craft and candy store when I was younger which allowed me to explore many things from jewelry making to decorative painting. About 10 years ago, I was invited to a Stampin’ Up party. I fell in love with stamping at that moment! It was so great to create cards, but I mainly stuck to my Christmas cards until about 2 years ago when I came across Splitcoast Stampers. From that point, I’ve been hooked! Christmas cards are just the tip of the iceberg!! I really enjoy creating all types of projects from cards to gifts to altered items. I especially love the people I’ve met through the many online galleries/discussion boards I belong to and through blogging.
I live in western Pennsylvania, about 1 hour from Pittsburgh. I teach gifted students in grades K – 12, which I love and keeps me on my toes! I have a sweet & energetic cat (Coco – short for Coconut) who thinks the best hangout spot is on my craft table – ugh! Besides papercrafting, I love to shop (besides pattern paper, shoes may be my biggest weakness), cook & bake, watch reality TV, read, and tend to my flower garden. I’m very honored to be a part of the Rubber Romance team and delighted to be working with such talented ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment