Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cutie Pie Frame


The Cutie Pie line from Rubber Romance is just perfect for creating baby gifts. I thought I'd share a quick gift idea with you. These frames are available at most craft stores. This one came from JoAnn fabrics and only cost a dollar! What a bargain.


I just gave it a few coats of black acrylic paint. The unfinished wood really drinks up the paint so it takes a few coats to cover well.


I stamped my image, this sweet little elephant from the Cutie Pie line, on white cardstock and added some shadowing with copic markers. Your can find these Cutie Pie stamps as well as other Rubber Romance stamps in the Etsy shop. I then stamped my image again on pink patterned paper from Making Memories. I cut out the patterned image.


I adhered the cut out elephant on top of the stamped one. Then I mounted the image on some nestability die cut ovals.


I added some ribbon trimmings. I layered some pale pink organdy and checked gingham ribbons. I used red line adhesive to hold the ribbon in place. Then I glued my image in place.


I personalized this frame using the Base Camp cartridge for the Cricut machine. You could easily use stickers or chipboard letters, too. And you can see in the finished photo at the top, I added some buttons just for fun.

This project came together quickly and makes such a nice personalized gift. You can easily coordinate with the colors in any nursery or room.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you are able to use this sweet little project idea.

1 comment: