Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cute Little Valentine Treat

Hi everyone, Valentine's Day is only 7 days away. I have a sweet little project that would be great for classroom treats. They are fast and inexpensive, perfect to mass produce for those class parties. Turn a plain little box of candy into a special treat.


To start measure your candy box and make a wrap around piece of cardstock or patterned paper to fit around the box. Tape the paper together, but not to the box, so the candy can slide out. I used a small box of conversation hearts, but any little box of candy will do.




Next embellish your box. I added a coordinating bow. Then I stamped, cut and colored an image. For my project I used the owl stamp from Rubber Romance's Cutie Pie collection. Check them out in the Etsy shop. I added some crystal effects to the eyes and some stickles to the hearts. I kept it pretty simple, since these are going to four year olds, who will probably discard the wrapping immediately! Hope you'll give it a try.


Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a sweet Valentine's Day.

3 comments: