Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Romantic Tutorial - Love Notes

Hi Everyone! Are you having some unusual weather in your neck of the woods, too? I live in western Pennsylvania, and we've gone from unseasonably warm to rain to snow. That's okay because it's nice and cozy in my craft room.

I thought about what I wanted to share with you today and decided on a super simple sticky note holder. This is great to toss in your purse or to give to a friend. I'm also going to share a quick tip about drawing teeny tiny hearts with you in the tutorial.

You'll need:
- Strip of cardstock 3 1/4" x 7 3/4" (I used SU! Mellow Moss)
- scoring tools
- colored and matted Rubber Romance image (I used the versatile Cutie Pie Home Tweet Home stamp)
- coordinating ribbon

1. The first thing that you'll want to do is score your strip of cardstock. Score at 1", 1 1/4", 4 1/2", and 4 3/4" - crease.

2. Peel backing off the sticky note package and adhere to the cardstock between the 1 1/4" and 4 1/2" score lines.

3. Fold the cardstock to enclose the sticky notes. Add your colored and matted image to the top panel. Tie a simple knotted ribbon to the bottom panel - you'll be able to slide the image panel under the ribbon to keep the holder closed.

Cute, simple, and great to have!

Here's how I created my little heart posies: Using a brush tip marker, draw a V to make little hearts. I start on the left and make a dash toward the center then finish up on the right by making another dash toward the center.


Don't you love this image - I can totally see this little image used for all seasons. I'd add some liquid applique for a wintery branch or some glossy accents on bright leaves for a summery image.


Enjoy the tutorial and enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. That is so easy and cute!!!
    Thanks for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    As always, there is nothing more cool and classy as RRS. I need your help. Can you please contact me at melinda@melindasart.com, I have a wholesale account with you but cannot find the site to place my orders.

    My blog is http://melindasart.blogspot.com

    Thanks so much
    Melinda Perez

    ReplyDelete